VASTU FOR BALCONY
A balcony is an area that is usually attached to the living room and bedroom. It is meant for relaxing purposes and it may or may not have a roof. It is a good gathering spot for families and friends. There are guidelines that one needs to keep in mind while constructing a balcony.
- The balcony should be in the north or east part of the house.
- West and south should be avoided as they are too hot to sit for relaxation purposes.
- Heavy furniture and seating arrangements should be to the south and west of the balcony.
- The swing can be placed to the east-west axis to avoid excess sunlight. Sitting towards North or South while swinging is considered to be auspicious.
- Small plants can be placed in the North and east direction to allow sunlight that can help them grow.
- Flower pots with creepers should not be placed on the balcony and even huge flower pots should be strictly avoided as they obstruct the light on the balcony.